|Learning Objectives: using examples,
- describe and contrast four levels of measurement (Wikipedia)
- illustrate the importance of, significance, reliability and validity (Confusing and Wikipedia)
- contrast univariate and multivariate statistical tests (Wikipedia)
- demonstrate signifcance level's relationship with Type I and Type II errors (Wikipedia)
- illustrate three -- screen, diagnose, treat -- data cleaning phases (Data cleaning, data prep, Wikipedia)
|Discuss and Reflect
- Who sets the significance level? When? How?
- What data cleaning steps can one usually ignore? Why?
- Why is reliability or validity more important than the other?
- Quiz on week 3 and 4 learning objectives
- Submit reflective essay (O)
- Share cleanliness, measurement levels, reliability and validity for a data set related to your ANZMAC interests
- Scan week 5 learning objectives